RHI

RHI

TABUNG KEBAJIKAN

TABUNG KEBAJIKAN

Rabu, 16 April 2008

Temuramah ADUN Paroi dalam akhbar The Star

The Star Monday April 14, 2008
Rep aims to emulate open-door policy
By C.S. NATHAN

My ADUN
Full name: Mohamad Taufek Abd Ghani (PAS)
Age: 40
Marital status: Married with four children
Education: B.Eng. (Majoring in chemistry and process)
Profession: Engineer
Constituency: Paroi (under the Rembau parliamentary seat)
Contact number: 019-657 6540
Service centre: In the process of being set up


Responsible: Mohd Taufek wants to serve the needs of his constituents fairly, regardless of race.

APPROACHABLE. That is what PAS state Youth chief Mohd Taufek Abd Ghani aims to be. The 40-year-old senior engineer with a multinational in Seremban wants to emulate the open-door policy of his idol, PAS spiritual leader Datuk Seri Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat, so that his constituents could see him anytime.

“I want to be accessible to my constituents. That is my responsibility as a wakil rakyat,” said Mohd Taufek, who became the first-ever PAS wakil rakyat in the state with his win.

However, he added that being too “open” might have some disadvantages.

“My family is so trusting that a thief masquerading as a plumber coolly entered our home a while back. Luckily, my wife and kids were not harmed and the thief just made off with a laptop,” he said.

For now, the first-time assemblyman is working hard to balance his public duties with his responsibilities to his family and the demands of his full-time job.

His family remains a pillar of strength, especially during this hectic transitional period.

Wife Mahani Musa, a history teacher, is a political science graduate and an ardent supporter.

Mohd Taufek lives within his constituency and hopes to serve the needs of all his constituents fairly, regardless of race.


StarMetro: How much time do you spend on the computer?
Mohd Taufek: Just about three hours a day.

StarMetro: Do you blog or have a website?
Mohd Taufek: I'm hoping to set up my own personal blog and website soon, but at the moment, constituents can go to Rembau-Hari-Ini.blogspot.com.

StarMetro: What kind of music do you listen to?
Mohd Taufek: Nasyid music, mostly. I like the band Raihan and singers Akhil Hayy and Yusof Islam (Cat Stevens).

StarMetro: Are you into movies? Any favourite actor or actress?
Mohd Taufek: I used to frequent the cinema with my wife and kids, especially to catch action movies. I like Jet Li and Jackie Chan movies best.

StarMetro: What do you read?
Mohd Taufek: Motivational and self-improvement titles. Just finished reading Stephen R. Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.

StarMetro: Are you into English Premier League (EPL) football? Which is your favourite team and who is your favourite player?
Mohd Taufek: Yes; and my favourite team is Manchester United. I'm a fan of Cristiano Ronaldo's footie skills.

StarMetro: What's your favourite sport?
Mohd Taufek: Badminton, though I hardly have time to play any more.

StarMetro: What languages can you speak?
Mohd Taufek: Malay and English.

StarMetro: What is the gadget you can't live without?
Mohd Taufek: My handphone, of course. It's essential if you want to serve the people.

StarMetro: What's your favourite food?
Mohd Taufek: I can't do without both nasi lemak and roti canai.

StarMetro: What car do you drive and how long have you had it?
Mohd Taufek: I've had a Proton Perdana V6 for 10 years.

StarMetro: What is your contribution to environmental conservation?
Mohd Taufek: For this, I have my wife to thank. She makes sure that we recycle everything!

StarMetro: Name an idol whom you look up to.
Mohd Taufek: PAS spiritual leader Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat, for his inspirational leadership and simple way of life.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2008/4/14/central/20943854&sec=central

> For more profiles on MPs and state assemblymen go to: http://thestar.com.my/myrepresentative